Oh boy. I’ve done it. I’ve officially decided to enter Pitch Wars, which then made me decide to create a blog, which then made me decide to perform the pimpage of the bio. Breathe. We will get through this together.
(I have no professional headshots, so here is an amazing Snapchat filtered version of myself.)
Who Am I?
I am an avid YA fiction reader in all genres, but most specifically fantasy. There’s just something about young people facing dire circumstances with brave faces. I live vicariously through them because I’m an adult that is still afraid of the dark. I see you smiling. Don’t laugh! The night is dark and full of terrors.
I’m a student, an educator, a wife and a mother of two children who don’t look like me.
My first story was a zombie book that I posted on Wattpad. The writing is absolutely atrocious. But I have decided to keep it posted for aspiring writers to see because I’ve come a long way, like galaxies long, and I’m proud of it. I hope my experience can inspire others to keep writing because practice is everything.
When I finish my middle school education degree, I want to open an elective course for students to explore creative writing as an expressive outlet. Middle school is a rough time and I want to give kids a healthy way to express themselves and dive into an imagination they might have never thought they had.
I’ll be entering my YA fantasy, A CROWN OF BONES. It is PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN meets THE HUNGER GAMES with a diverse cast of characters, romance and kickass heroines.
Because I love aesthetics:
“Show him you’re not a damsel to be trifled with.”
Illustrations by AgataFiszer can be found on the art page. Here is a delicious taste:
A CROWN OF BONES EQUATION
Pirates of the Caribbean + The Hunger Games + Six of Crows + Moana + girls who kick ass + girls who save themselves + romance + hot kissing scenes + an asshole named Pudge + angry land gods + sea sister goddesses + witty banter + betrayal + a pig on a leash + epic action scenes + love/hate relationship + best friends + island witchcraft + crafty metaphors
Feels Soundtrack Includes:
ME, THE MENTEE
What I offer as a mentee:
- Never-ending gratitude
- Fierce determination. I am a Slytherin after all.
- An open mind to critiques
- Gif magic
- Game of Thrones references
ALL THE FAVS
- Armageddon. ALWAYS. BRUCE GETS ME EVERY DAMN TIME.
- Kill Bill 1 & 2. The Bride is my dream level of badass.
- Everything Marvel.
- Sound of Music (with Julie Andrews). That movie is everything a musical should be.
- Game of Thrones. Team Jon for the crown. But I would still be happy if somehow he and D somehow split it.
- The Walking Dead. Richonne for life. Carl needs to die already.
- True Blood up to season 4. I refuse to acknowledge the rest of the mess of that show. YOU RUINED IT HBO.
- My Little Pony. After watching with my daughter, I’ve become addicted. I’m a Pegasister and proud.
- Stranger Things. If I were a little boy, I would be Dustin. He channels me.
- Harry Potter, obviously. Slytherin in the house.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Mayer
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Pinapple/Canadian bacon pizza
- Bacon burgers
- Maple bacon donuts (I’m noticing a theme here…)
- Football. Arkansas Razorbacks. Green Bay Packers. MY BOYS BETTER KILL THIS SEASON.
- Moana is the best Disney Princess.
- I can bend my pointer finger all the way back.
- I grew up with a lisp and was bullied throughout school for it.
- Video game wise: love the Sims, Assassin’s Creed, and beating my husband’s ass at UFC.
I have done it! I have finally created my first website and blog post. Good luck to everyone in Pitch Wars! Thank you to all the mentors for dedicating their time to help others and to Brenda Drake for her brilliance.